I'm thinking about doing trunk shows and the Designer's Market or maybe a Christmas market in NYC. So, I'll obviously need some hangers and these popped into mind. Something colorful and crafty-looking to contrast the minimalist style of SERA. I did a search and found these images online:
Inspired, I started playing around and realized this would be a great way to use some of leftover bits of fabric from samples and production. In just a hour last night I made 3 of these!
I really like the fuzzy and irregular appearance. It's also functional because the wrapping keeps slippery fabrics from falling off the hangers. And surprisingly, those loose thread ends pretty much stay attached as they are wound up in the twisting as I wrapped the metal.
What do you think?
What do you think?



I love the blue hangers you made. Much better than the ones that inspired you.
ReplyDelete