Saturday, April 2, 2011

the amazing quilt show


Appropriately titled "Infinite Variety", this exhibit exclusively featured a sole collector's 650 red and white quilts, displayed in the cavernous Park Avenue Armory. The quilts were hung from cardboard tubes, in circles spiraling high to the ceiling. It was a breathtaking display of the work of so many hands and individuals. This type of exhibit is rare and in this case, fleeting - lasting less than a week.

I'm really sorry to tell you that it's already gone :( But here's a clip from the Martha Stewart show that gives you an idea of what you've missed. (L's head briefly appears in the office interview - I'm proud to point out that his firm did the exhibit design!)




1 comment:

  1. I would have totally been down for that. You know, if I were mobile. Let me know next time you see some random artsy thing going on.

    ReplyDelete