Monday, October 18, 2010

pat myself on the head


Ok, so this is kind of random but anyway....
I never learned how to wear makeup when I was a teenager. My mom didn't wear any and I didn't think about it much until the inevitable prom-like thing, where I put on some mascara, then washed it off because I thought it looked weird.
This attitude didn't change much until this past year when i realized (!) that I was getting married and didn't know this most fundamental of womanly skills (I also purchased a bundt pan - I am a good wife!). So, I did the nerdy thing and went to the internet to research what exactly I should do. This is how I discovered the wonderful, gaudy, and amazing world of Youtube beauty instructional videos. I studied them intensely, learned to ignore the Sephora "helpers" giving me the side-eye, and bravely put a new face forward.
Now, I feel competent - which is probably my most favorite feeling. I even can put together different "looks". Today, I have on dark green shadow (worn as liner) to go with the dark green fisherman's pants.
I still keep up with some on the beauty "gurus". Here is my favorite:



I could listen to her talk all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment