
Bath, England
If you're like me the changing seasons can be difficult on your skin. As soon as the weather dries out and turns crisp, so do my arms and legs become dry and itchy. I sought a solution on the internet last night and found a small miracle: oatmeal
Of course, I could not tell you enough about how great oatmeal is in general and my special techniques for making it.... but some other time.
Of course, I could not tell you enough about how great oatmeal is in general and my special techniques for making it.... but some other time.
Oatmeal Bath
1. Begin drawing a warm bath (aside - I love this use of the word "draw")
2. Put 1 cup of uncooked oatmeal in an old piece of hosiery and tie the end closed
3. Throw it in the tub as it fills
4. Get in. Squeeze the oatmeal pouch for maximum strength. You can even use the pouch as a sponge if you can't fit your lanky body in your tiny bathroom, as I.
5. Steep yourself for around 10 minutes and then gently pat yourself dry.
I don't think my skin has ever felt so good! Itchiness is gone but it just feels like skin, no gross lotion residue.
Try it!
ps: while shoe shopping today, I pocketed a handful of those try-on footie hose for the future...
2. Put 1 cup of uncooked oatmeal in an old piece of hosiery and tie the end closed
3. Throw it in the tub as it fills
4. Get in. Squeeze the oatmeal pouch for maximum strength. You can even use the pouch as a sponge if you can't fit your lanky body in your tiny bathroom, as I.
5. Steep yourself for around 10 minutes and then gently pat yourself dry.
I don't think my skin has ever felt so good! Itchiness is gone but it just feels like skin, no gross lotion residue.
Try it!
ps: while shoe shopping today, I pocketed a handful of those try-on footie hose for the future...

No comments:
Post a Comment