A month or so ago I suddenly wanted, no needed, to have my nails painted red. L. and I were headed away for our anniversary trip to the North Fork and I was having a retro glamour moment. (I may have tied a scarf around my head at one point). After fucking up painting my non-dominant hand, I decided to try those weird polish stickers that I'd seen in the drugstore. I bought the only red they had, which really turned out to be a neon tomato color! It's kinda awesome, but hard to look at.
Suddenly today I got the idea to do just the tips of the nails. It's a bizarre combo of the natural and artificial and it feels very "now" as the fashion people say. I fully expect to start a trend with this.
(Looks great offset by the gray color palette I otherwise favor.)
Wow, I really like that look, I think I'll take it up myself and spread your trend to the West Coast. Also that's an awesome red.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see you're posting again, I love seeing what inspires you!
By the way, the above comment was from me (Shira), not sure why google wants to call me "My work"...
ReplyDeleteHmmm...can't believe you screwed up your nails so badly.
ReplyDelete