This week I saw Sutra - part of the Lincoln Center white lights festival. If you're in NYC, check it out - it looks to be a really great series. I had previously seen the choreographer, Sidi Larbi, perform in Zero Degrees with Akram Kahn (I'm still not over it; it may have changed me permanently).
This piece is a collaboration with the real Shaolin "warrior" monks from China and the sculptor Antony Gormley. The entire piece is staged in/around/on a series of man-sized wooden boxes. Like a Donald Judd artwork come to life.
This piece is a collaboration with the real Shaolin "warrior" monks from China and the sculptor Antony Gormley. The entire piece is staged in/around/on a series of man-sized wooden boxes. Like a Donald Judd artwork come to life.


This is a rehearsal video. You can google the performance version, but unfinished work always resonates with me just a little bit more ...

No comments:
Post a Comment